Its a blog! again!
The five W’s of google
dead-drop.me for the win
Sending someone secure data is a real hassle. If they don't have GPG, or some such tool, then what do you do?
Send a user name in one email. password in another most likely.
This isn't great.
That email sits on a server forever! If their email is EVER compromised, then so is your data.
Here we follow a couple basic steps.
- Dead Drops are only stored for 24 hours, then they are deleted
- We can not decrypt your data, we simply don't have the password
- We do not log your I.P.–we log the visit for load calculations, but nothing ABOUT you
- We don't do encryption–we leave that to the clever people at Stanford
- We Err on the side of safety–if an incorrect password is entered, or if anything else goes wrong we delete the data. This is not a locker service